Friday, February 11, 2011

Week 6: Cookie Monster

So I got my email telling me the progress of my now 6th week little bug. My sesame is now a lentil with a heart beat according to the Internet.

 


organicroad.com.au

I have been having some serious food issues lately. I keep telling myself I am not going to be a high maintenance, crabby lady for the next 8 months but my tummy is making it tough. Being someone who eats everything and eats a lot, this is an issue. My average days seem to go like this....I wake up and take my daily oatmeal to work. The thought of oatmeal becomes hard to stomach and I begin to starve around 8:30. I have found that fruit sounds good and the past few days, I've been eating apples (although I am a little upset I sent Matt to get some and he came back with a 5lb bag of Red Delicious.... who eats those?). Anyway, 1 apple does not do it but nothing else sounds good. I have been dreaming about toasted bagels- sweet flavored ones- but I am trying to resist the caloric equivalent to ice cream at breakfast. I try to choke down the oatmeal but the consistency isn't doing it for me. Today, I've eaten 2 apples.

Moving right along, time to go home for lunch. I keep telling myself, "Now I'm going to be healthy! It's not just for me anymore!" Matt and I are also trying to control our spending on eating out (which we do WAY too much) but by the time I get in my car, I can't think of one thing that sounds good that is at our house. Pit Stop. This week I have been wanting sandwiches and salads. I've been to Subway, Panera, and a stop at the grocery store for supplies for my own. I guess it could be worse. By mid afternoon, the thought of whatever I consumed for lunch makes me have gag reflexes and I begin to feel the hunger creep back in.

I tough it out, get myself home for the day and feel crappy. After work I feel like I could go to sleep and wake up the next day (it's only 4:30 and trust me, my workload is not that strenuous to be used as an excuse). At this point I feel sick I'm so hungry and it takes me awhile to think of something I would like to eat for dinner that will not cause the barfy feeling in my throat. This week, Runza (in my defense it was free thanks to the below zero temperature Tuesdays), Old Chicago (not my pick) and a Birthday dinner at Matt's parents. As you can see, we are failing at this "no more eating out" thing.

There is a glimmer of light in this consumption chaos. Once I eat the thing that sounds sooooo good in the moment, the thought of it sounds appalling. I can't event think about Old Chicago without gagging. Panera sandwiches - barf (the soups and salads are still on my good list though). Runza, no thank you. Pizza, Chinese food, Indian food, Mexican food eeew....the list goes on. Unfortunately for my waistline, carbs are definitely on my "to eat" list which includes those bagels I mentioned craving, mac n' cheese, and Velveeta cheese dip. Let's see if I buckle. Half of my brain says, "Don't do it! Be healthy!" But the other half is saying, "Get it over with! Once you do it once, you won't want to again!"

My research says the "morning sickness" feelings get bad around the 6th week. I was in my 5th and am just starting the 6th which does not have me seeing any light at the end of the tunnel. Come on lentil, let's think positive thoughts like veggies and nutrients... and lentils?

No comments:

Post a Comment