Wednesday, February 9, 2011

2/7/10 - 6 months married and Everybody IS Gonna Love Today

My work has a Birthday celebration for me Monday morning and they all give me a hard time for being ONLY 27. They ask about my weekend and I tell them about my brothers and their shenanigans. They all laugh and talk about their own kids and blah, blah, blah. I am feeling off lately in the mornings, starving but nothing sounding good. Anyway, I go back to my office and think, maybe I should stop saying anything about pregnancy until I find out what is going on. On my lunch break, to Walgreens I go. Which brand do I trust?? I have never taken a pregnancy test before but I go with a middle of the road price from a brand I have heard of.

Fast Forward

I am now home from work with the goods and Matt tells me to do it before he leaves for work. I pee on the stick, paranoid I'm doing it wrong and wait as the hourglass flashes. About a minute later, I see it...


Most of me is not surprised but part of me thinks this is a mean joke. I am grinning ear to ear and I go out to the kitchen to wait for Matt who is shaving before work. He comes upstairs, both of us with stupid grins, knowing without knowing. He hugs me and I immediately start to cry. He gives me the best hug and says, "Well, Happy Birthday I guess." I am happy, I am scared, I am terrified, I am so in love with Matt, I am in shock, I am in awe at this person I am lucky enough to be in this with.... I am every emotion at once. (now I can blame it officially on hormones!) At this point, Matt has about 30 minutes to get to work. He offers to take the day off but I tell him to go. The day before we had watched a birth announcement video that had included a picture of the pregnancy test. It's a little weird but a little neat. Insert cheesiest of all pregnancy test pictures...


Talk about capturing the moment. Thanks engagement picture. Matt leaves for work and I take a nap. Seriously, sooooo tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment