Wednesday, February 9, 2011

February: Almost Up to Speed

Jan. 31st - Period Week. (EARMUFFS) You know when every single feeling feels like it has arrived? I was paranoid constantly checking.

scrapbookcodes.com

Feb. 1st - hmmm.... no sign.

Feb. 2nd - Okay, seriously. Part of me is getting excited and part of me is afraid to pee in fear of disappointment.

Feb. 3rd - Can't contain myself, possibly glowing. I email my friend Courtney with subject line "Top Secret" and fill her in. (Sorry Em~ you aren't very good at these kind of secrets- I wouldn't be either if you told me this sort of news. We're family now.) We are on day 37 since start of last period. Boobs are killing me, I'm waking up in the middle of the night to pee, and I'm EXHAUSTED. Could it be?? She replies that my due date would be Oct. 6th. We will wait and see.

Feb. 4th - Still scared to pee, I'm getting too excited about the potential news. We go to dinner and although I am normally the person who thinks every single menu item sounds delicious, I can barely stomach the thought of 70% of the menu.

Feb. 5th - Still feeling a little queezy thinking about certain foods, Matt and I head to happy hour/dinner. Food is not settling well. We move on to another bar to meet different friends who question why I'm not drinking. I blame it on the Roja and we move on to a Birthday Party at one more bar. At the Bday Party, the brothers Krebs pounce. Katy is not drinking. Never mind the indigestion excuse, they made up their minds that I was pregnant and the rumor mill began. They have fancier phones than me and posted on Facebook, C: "Congrats on the Baby!" and P: "Congratulations!" Unable to control my FB wall, within 60 seconds, Bday girl's sister flies across the room and screams, "OMG WHAT JUST HAPPENED!?!" Lies, lies, lies I say! P adds to his Congratulations, "I meant on turning 27." C keeps up the game. They are just hilarious, right? sarcasm. The night ends, the relentless baby talk does not... maybe we should figure this out. Lights Out for me though~ I am EXHAUSTED. Why soooo tired??

Feb. 6th - Happy 27th Birthday to Me! Happy 40th day since start of last period to me too! Bday brunch at my parents' house with the lovely brothers. Emily says Charlie kept talking about the "baby" the whole way home last night. Patrick informs me it will be easy to find my place at the table. Oh, a sippy cup and mini silverware, ha ha, soooo funny (again with the sarcasm). I keep thinking, they are either going to be really disappointed if I'm not pregnant or they are going to be really disappointed when they ruin the surprise for themselves. Whatever, I am not lying when I say I am not pregnant. We have suspicion not proof.

blogtown.portlandmercury.com

1 comment:

  1. These brothers Krebs sound hilarious, I would like to meet them.

    ReplyDelete