Wednesday, February 9, 2011

January: What's New, Besides the Year

Stuck in the midst of a bitter-cold Nebraska winter, Matt and some friends dreamed up an idea for a little Spring Break fun, a ski trip. Something about the plan for a trip in March gave me a feeling. What if I was pregnant? Can pregnant people ski? Pregnant people can not play the fun drinking games in the cabin, or sit by the fire with a cozy glass of wine. I was insistent that our cabin of choice include a hot tub... pregnant ladies can sit in those right? Wrong. This trip was sounding worse and worse. I kept trying to be vague with Matt about my true desire to go. I just wasn't envisioning the trip to be all that fun if I were to get preggers. Lucky for me, it fizzled out.

Still having the feeling it could happen, I tried to watch my alcoholic intake until my confirmation at the end of the month. I did have some applecorn (aka apfelkorn) while ice skating in the middle of the night, and I also had a Skinny Girl Margarita and a beer but I kept telling myself, real pregnant people have done way worse. Look at those ladies on "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant," they go to the bathroom to poop and out comes a baby! They have to have done worse than minor alcohol consumption before really knowing they're pregnant.

                                                        "Buzz, your girlfriend, WOOF!"
                 (This is my punishment for showing Matt puking - on my way to ice skate at midnight)

The Facebook buzz of the month was that everyone was getting pregnant or having babies. Within the month, I knew of 5 baby boys born, 2 more to come before May, and 5 summer births-to-be. The funny thing about the summer babies was that 2 are to couples who got married a week or 2 after Matt and me. A sign?? Hmmm.....

No comments:

Post a Comment