Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Making Progress...

Matt and I were super productive this weekend (and super impulsive, and spent a super duper large amount of money)! Gender Neutral Nursery Mission is 90%, 70% complete!

Mobile: Done
Inspiration Mobile...


My Copycat Version:


Wall Collage: Done
Inspiration Collage...


My Copycat Version (ignore the crookedness) #ilovemysilhouette ...


Yellow Glazed Furniture: Done
Inspiration Furniture...



My Copycat Version (there is also a tall dresser - ignore the color, stupid cell phone cameras don't show it right. It's mustard, not urine.)...



Cornice Board with Fabric I'm obsessed with: Done
(Sorry about the crappy lighting, it does NOT do my fabric justice!)


That's enough of my teaser pictures in crappy cell phone quality. After a few more details (and that darned fan/light fixture) I will take better pictures with a real camera, better lighting, and the completed nursery!

While we were in Home Improvement mode, we threw in a few more cornice boards (Matt loves playing with his ShopSmith).





I am pretty pumped about our house feeling more and more 'homey'. As I mentioned, Matt loves his ShopSmith (for our 'paper' anniversary he got me season Broadway tickets and I told him he got to pick out a tool that came with a paper receipt - hence the ShopSmith #soromantic) so last week when Matt said he was going to Lumber Liquidators, I thought he wanted wood for his dumb toy. Not. 19 boxes of wood flooring later, our house will hopefully be feeling more 'homey' by the end of the week.... or 2 or 3 or 4 weeks. Pictures of that to come upon completion.

All of Matt's impulses (which I admit, I usually come around to agree with) usually entail buying more crap than I initially realize. "Oh great, Matt wants to install wood floors for us!" "Katy, I need to buy a top of the line air compressor, and a floor nailer, and air tool attachments to make this all happen." Look who just doubled the price of the floor.

Last night, Matt was working and decided he HAD to have a nailer from Craig's List that HAD to be retrieved last night (while he was at work). I was in the middle of necessary things, like buying fat clothes at Target when I get a text message from him with an address and amount of cash to take. Let me get this straight.... my police officer husband wants to send his pregnant wife to a house from Craig's List with a wad of cash? To top it off, my phone has gone haywire and was straight up beeping at me that it was dying. Not wanting to drive home to recharge (this would have meant going to Craig's House in the DARK), I made an impulse purchase of a car charger at Target (along with my 8 new shirts - all under $5!!!) and you can bet the guy in electronics and the guy checking me out heard about my crazy husband. The phone charged was necessary a)for the address b)to find out how to get to the address and c) for 911. Thankfully, Craig's List guy was a sweet little old man (who knew Matt was a cop from their phone convo, and heard it again from me - just as a warning!). Sweet little preggo wife got air tool oil (which I found on my own at Home Depot) and a floor nailer so sweet little baby daddy can get these floors installed in reasonable time (which I have warned is no more than 2 weeks). Pray for us, our exposed sub-floor, the shards of ceramic tile everywhere, and little Gus & Wally paws.


Did I mention Mrs. B got us some new carpet too? Baby is getting spoiled already... no used, old carpet from previous owners will do for this baby to roll around on! Our main floor is going to look like a whole new world in a matter of days! Weeks! Before the Baby gets here?!?!

1 comment:

  1. Like I said, put Nate to work! Then those floors will be done in no time :)

    ReplyDelete