Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Week 33: Cousins

Finally, something I want to eat! This week the baby weighs just over 4 lbs. like a pineapple!

foodscience.wikispaces.com

I guess the problem here is pineapples like this...

evernewrecipes.com

Those pineapples just tick me off, especially after a scorcher of a summer like we've had. It's not like I drink that much but all I want is a frozen blended fruity drink! Ideally, it would be a Miami Vice (if you don't know what this is, you are missing out), in Mexico, where I was on my honeymoon about a year ago...not that I'm complaining. I wouldn't trade waddling, achy ribs, a sore back and a pea-sized bladder for the world! Right Baby??

I went out to dinner with some friends of mine from high school last night (shout out to Marian friends!) and we were talking about feeling like you're going to give birth to an alien or some crazy monster. BabyCenter informed me however that this week, baby is "rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening." Good to know BC, good to know. I guess the talk of an alien inside of you isn't so far-fetched weeks prior to 33?

Not much has happened in mommy/daddy world since last week in terms of baby. Matt's latest list of name suggestions included, Gus (our dog), Henry (a snaggle-toothed dog we attempted to rescue before we got Walter, who was shipped back for attacking Gus), Milo (the guy from the original Saved by the Bell), and Leroy (even though it was his Grandpa's name, baby Roy is not likely).

tvrage.com

Milo is the gentleman in the top left corner. Milo also makes me think of Otis from the classic 80's flick, Milo & Otis. Matt is also not opposed to the name Otis.
Milo: You're a strange-looking cat. 
Otis: Oh, I'm not a cat; I'm a dog.
Milo: All right, a dog, I understand, but... deep down inside, we're all cats, right? 


We will be revisiting names at another time. Matt thinks the delivery room is a good time. I on the the other hand, would feel a lot better going into it with a narrowed down list, especially after seeing the "lists" Matt composes in his own time.

Things our Baby needs:
*cool name - TBD
*nursery - still a work in progress
*stellar genes - as if Matt and I weren't enough for this, 2 of my cousins are SUPER talented and hopefully get their talents from the side of the family I come from.... which will hopefully get passed through to Baby. (By the way, I have more than 2 talented, wonderful cousins with sparkling personalities, wit and charm - they just don't have websites to plug.)

Talented Cousin #1 - KERRI!
My cousin Kerri just completed her Master's Degree in Illustration and is finally sharing her work with the world. Here is her website Kerri McDermott, and here is her blog, Go, Draw, Go!

http://kerrimcdermott.com/home.html

Baby connection that makes this relevant to my blog... I am growing a watermelon in my stomach AND I've eaten about 5 watermelons in the past month. I can't get enough. This Baby must be fruity since fruits have been some of my 'must haves' since the beginning of this pregnancy.

Back to illustrations~ the sampling of Kerri's work leaves me hanging and hopefully she posts more soon! I can't get enough! Yay Ker Bear! 

Talented Cousin #2 - Miss Molly!
My cousin Molly just graduated from the University of Denver and moved is L.A. to pursue her dream of becoming a singer/songwriter. She. Is. Amazing. I wish I was blog savvy enough to post her music right here but I'm not so you'll have to click away to check it out. Here is her website, Molly Cottrell.
You can also follow whats going on in L.A. at her blog, Dream Chasing Adventures. Things are happening fast for her and its awesome to watch her succeed doing what she loves! If you find her on Facebook, you can hear my favorite song, "If You Weren't You" posted on her fan page wall.

Just a dose of some fun cousins. Molly is 2nd from the left.
"I am a fun person." Kerri is on the far right.

Anyway~ there is my shameless plug for the art and music of some Kruse girls. Baby will be lucky to get the genes from either side of Matt & My families but these 2 are especially talented. Go Kerri & Molly! If not for the talent, Baby can learn about following dreams from you two! Yay for cousins (FigZig)!!!

*P.S. Mom, I don't want a pineapple upside down cake. Fresh pineapples accepted though.


No comments:

Post a Comment