Thursday, August 25, 2011

Week 34: Cantaloupes, Crunch Coat & Crafts

This week the baby weighs almost 5 lbs~ about as much as a cantaloupe.

esquire.com

Baby is almost 18 inches, fat is filling out by the minute, and the skin is as smooth as... a baby's bottom? As for me, I was given permission by the BabyCenter to be exhausted and fatigued. I am tired but I don't know if its more than usual. What does make me tired is the thought of the luxury of sleeping in ending in 6 short weeks. That's a little depressing!

I'm getting bigger by the minute... more than one person has told me that as well. Starting now, opinions no longer welcomed. I am beyond the cute, baby bump phase and quickly blowing up into the cow, house, barge... whatever you want to call it phase. When I think of my size 6 weeks ago to now, its hard to imagine what 6 weeks from now will be.


There's my little Gus-a-Roo napping on the baby. It was way cuter in real life. Do you think he knows whats in there for him??

One thing that is in there, besides the baby, is this...


The greatest thing in the world~ a crunch-coat blizzard (with chocolate ice cream of course). I love crunch-coat cones. It is the most under-rated thing at Dairy Queen and its not even on the menu.

This is crunch coat in cone form

There are 3 Dairy Queen's within 2 miles of our house and unfortunately, the most convenient one does NOT have crunch coat. I have made Matt leave one DQ to go to another one in order to get a CC cone and I just don't get why it wouldn't be a staple in every store. A few weeks ago, Matt told me I should get crunch coat in a blizzard and I thought it was crazy talk. The more I thought about it though, the more sense it made. The worst part about the cone is once you lick the crunch coat off, you have a plain old ice-cream cone. Boring.

FF 2 weeks and me and my little bro were sharing blizzard tips. I informed him you can build your own (PB cups and cookie dough - the textures work perfectly together) and he informed me that you can have a crunch-coat blizzard. Whaaaa?!?! Pat and Matt on the same wavelength here. We immediately got into the car and drove to the less convenient DQ that has the crunch-coat and I ate the best thing ever. Pat and I have decided the Grill & Chill DQ's are usually the ones without the crunch-coat so avoid those if you want to consume the greatest thing on earth. Naturally, I've been back since the original trip (Matt needed to try it too) and all this talk of crunch-coat probably means I'll be going today or tomorrow (inconvenient location is very convenient on work days - a few blocks from my office and in my direct path home). The other crunch-coat DQ in our proximity is seasonal and doesn't have a drive-through BUT they have $0.25 blizzard coupons on the back of my grocery receipts. Cha-ching. And I complain about feeling as big as a house....

Speaking of a house, Matt is getting annoyed because I have made a to-do list for him of chores around the house before baby (which we both know means ASAP, like before Courtney comes in 8 days). In my defense, the list was composed with at least a month's notice but in his defense, its annoying that they are all Matt jobs. He doesn't see my arts and craft projects as equivalent work. We have compromised on one fun project, cornice boards for the baby's room and for our living room. Matt wins because he gets to play with wood and tools. I win because I get to upholster and pick fabrics. This is the baby's window treatment fabric.


I am very excited to get the project done and hung. I think it will help tie things together in the nursery and get us one step closer to being baby-ready. My mobile project is also in the works and thanks to it, my hand is about to fall off. Last night I cut 120 pieces of heat n' bond, then 60 pieces of fabric, then 120 circles out of the heat n' bond/fabric combo. That doesn't include all of the ironing. This will be the end result though, way worth it.



How is that not the same as Matt installing a fan, doing electrical work, moving furniture and hanging things on walls?? Sounds equally important to me!

The name game is making more and more progress. This book is my latest purchase and although there aren't really names we haven't heard, they analyze names in an interesting way.

amazon.com

It gives popularity statistics, sibling suggestions so you can see complimentary names, and also gives a pretty up-front opinion on the names. It tells you if a name sounds old, or hard to say, or easy to make fun of. I was happy to see that a bunch of the names we like were sibling suggestions for other names we like. The common 'style themes' for our names were "Guys & Dolls" and "Antique Charm." I'm not telling you names we like but that can keep you guessing for a while.

I will tell you that Matt's favorites had some entertaining insight. Leroy would have siblings named Doris, Norma, Wilma, LaVerne, Clyde or Virgil and is African American in style. Milo would have brothers like Bruno and Rocco and would sound like a bodyguard. Hahaha! You can look at a big chunk of the book through amazon so if you've got some free time, check it out.
 

2 comments:

  1. * I actually had my first crunch coat blizzard last night, thanks to all the katypat hype (BEFORE I read the blog). Have to admit... YUMMY!!
    * LOVE the cornice fabric... lucky baby with such a FUN room!
    * I'm up for mobile-making - ironing, cutting, gluing, you name it.
    * I will love whatever name you choose, as will everyone else. However, I have to admit I may wander onto amazon to check out your category hints. (Does the name have to go with "Gus"?!?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you could please let us in on the secret location of the crunch coat blizzard, it would be greatly appreciated. I have loved crunch cones for years but haven't ordered one lately because I have come to regard them as somewhat of an endangered species. Thank you so much for revealing that the crunch coat really isn't dead. Oh, and I like hearing about all the baby stuff as well!

    ReplyDelete