Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Week 13: Shrimp (Really?)

I am disappointed in Week 13. Shrimp are not bigger than limes. I'm sorry, a "medium shrimp" this baby is supposedly the size of, is not bigger than a lime.

partysugar.onsugar.com

I guess maybe my skewed perception of shrimp sizes comes from living in land-locked Nebraska. If I lived where Bubba was from, maybe I would think shrimp looked more like this...

http://www.google.com/images.com

"Anyway, like I was sayin', shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it." -Bubba

As for my little "medium shrimp," baby officially can be id'ed. There are now fingerprints, which hopefully are never needed later in life. Deputy Core wouldn't like that. The body is catching up with head which makes me laugh and think of this, "Look at that boy's heed. I'm not kidding, it looks like an orange on a toothpick." "He'll be crying himself to sleep tonight on his huge pillow." "Heed! Pants! Now!" If you know what I am referencing, you get to hold the baby.

If Shrimp is a girl, she has 2 million eggs in her ovaries. Wow! My mom immediately said she thought it was a girl which is what I had been saying too. My friend Allison said the same thing right away. Matt's mom says boy though and although I can't remember my dream from last night, I remember that it had to do with baby being a boy and me being pissed someone told me before he was born. I guess we all have the 50/50 shot and I'm sure it will flip-flop all over the next few months. That's about it for developmental excitement. As for my personal progress, I am in the last week of the first trimester so good riddance to that. Matt's highlight is that I may start to feel a "distinct libido lift." I won't elaborate there. As for my diet, eggs, lean meats and nuts for protein are recommended. That's good because I've been eating hard-boiled eggs with my oatmeal for breakfast (the consequence is a stinky office) and Matt and I have polished off a $15 bag of pistachios since Sunday (thanks wedding gift cards and the impulse section at Bed Bath & Beyond).

My new blog followers are lucky this week since this is my 3rd blog entry. It is probably abnormal so don't get used to it. The baby buzz is just ridiculous this week due to all you people finding out. The initial reactions are pretty entertaining (minus the FB reminders in my gmail every time someone posts on my wall or comments on the 8,492 posts on my wall). My brothers have already pointed out that the due date, October 5th falls on a Wednesday which is acceptable. However, that Saturday, October 8th (Matt's Birthday) would not be an acceptable day to give birth due to the Husker schedule. Buck I. Core will not have uncles visiting if he arrives that day. They did offer up the 2 weeks prior to due date since those are away games. Papa Dale would be proud of his grandsons' dedication to the team.

cafepress.com

To wrap this week up, it was pointed out to me that Krebs' never are pregnant alone. Starting with my Grandma and Grandpa, then their 8 kids and all of their offspring, Shrimp will be #104 of the Krebs clan. The babies seem to come in bursts with as many as 5 being born in the same year. Currently, Shrimp is a loner. Emily, you chose to be a Krebs, don't let this family down! (No pressure!)

nataliedee.com

4 comments:

  1. So I Married An Axe Murderer - Boom, baby in my arms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat.... you made me laugh. I would never have figured it out, but I am definitely holding "bubba" (this week's name ONLY, after the shrimp deal) BEFORE "funcle" gets his arms in there!

    I agree on the shrimp/lime thing, Katy... maybe they meant baby key limes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katy even though you are 13 weeks along I found this information and thought I'd share it was ya.

    Bubba will start kindergarten in 2017,
    be old enough to drive a car in 2027,
    finish high school in 2030,
    and will graduate from college with the class of 2034!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tanner was kind of a loner too, don't feel too bad! Haha, Emily get on it!

    ReplyDelete