Monday, March 21, 2011

Week 11: Bring Me Some Figgy Pudding

Figgy Newt is our little guy this week, says Matt.
Side Note #1: Courtney introduced me to dried figs in our Swanson dorm, delish!
Side Note #2: Fig Newtons sound good. I feel guilty, like I'm eating a baby. Gross.

hedonia.seantimberlake.com

We both agree that "Figgy" is actually a cute name, not Newton though. Figgy now is about 1 1/2 inches, has hands forming fists, "teeth buds" and hardening bones. The kicking and stretching moves look effortless "much like water ballet." Super! Figgy is destined to follow Uncle Patrick's dancing career, just what Charlie was hoping to hear! Hopefully that includes musical talents for karaoke too.

I'm starting to feel some guilt about not sharing this news yet with anyone however, in our minds, it is even better for everyone because they won't have to wait as long for the baby to come. They will find out the news and BOOM! I'll get huge and baby will be here! The first 3 months are lame anyway. I feel like crap and have nothing to show for it. You should all thank me for letting you skip that crap and like I've said before, Matt deserves a vacation (probably from me) for dealing with it without too much complaining. Gus and Walter are his only confidants!

In other news, Figgy got him/herself some new digs this weekend! We moved and maybe to the suspicions of the helpful friends and family moving crew, one room has been left completely empty. It is currently pepto-bismol pink with butterfly decals and even though I'm still having girl premonitions, it will not be staying that way. It has been pointed out that from that particular bedroom window, you can see the roof of my parents house (0.6 miles away says Rocky). Enjoy the view Figgy!

2 comments:

  1. I am trying to figure out something to put on the roof for my grandbaby to easily spot... maybe a permanent snowman head, Pat???
    This is SO EXCITING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A bronze statute of the baby's favorite uncle (Patrick) would be a soothing sight to fall asleep and wake up to.

    ReplyDelete