Thursday, April 7, 2011

Week 14: When Life Gives You Lemons...

Squeeze it over your "medium sized shrimp" and eat it because we've moved on!

educationelectivemic2010.wordpress.com

FYI, I meant to insert a new Week 13 post because What to Expect While Expecting claimed Week 13 was the size of a peach. I LOVE peaches and all things peach flavored (like the tea I drank yesterday). I'd much rather refer to the baby as "Peach" than "Shrimp" plus, peaches seem way more in line with these fruit comparisons. Trouble is, using a new set of references would throw this blog into a tizzy. So far, I've stuck with one source for comparison so I guess I'll take the good with the bad.

nataliedee.com

I have mentioned how I am strangely craving my food item the week it is mentioned. Without realizing it, last night I drank lemonade and had some of Matt's Lemon-Berry Cream Slush. (Haha~ I also had shrimp. No worries, limited mercury!) As I am typing this, there is also an Arnold Palmer on my desk.

*Sidenote: I have never liked cream slushies and have tried them on more than one occasion HOWEVER, last night I got flustered in the Sonic Drive Through ordering Matt a surprise Cream Slush and chose the Fresh Fruit Lemon-Berry flavor. As soon as I ordered, I regretted the flavor choice not thinking it would be Matt's ideal option. As soon as I got the slush in my hands I realized, "Who the heck cares if Matt likes this! This is the best thing ever!!!!" My new summer splurge will be those. Happy Hour 2-4 (and its on my way home from work!). I think its all about the real fruit instead of the artificial flavor.

Back to baby! This weeks big news, baby can squint, frown, grimace, pee and possibly suck its thumb.

platinumelite.blogspot.com

The body is now growing faster than the head and by the end of the week, the arms should be proportionate to the body (unlike Grimace's).

As for me, I am same old, same old. My pants are still snug but they still fit! I ordered some belly bands this week because I have heard rave reviews and I'm hoping they get here before I actually need them.

theblogofkara.blogspot.com

The gist is that you can leave your pants unbuttoned and the band will cover it so you can wear your normal clothes for a longer length of time without needing maternity pants. They supposedly transition with you as the bump gets bigger. Reviews were good so here we go, my first maternity purchase!

Thats about it for this week. I will leave you with some thoughts on lemons.

*Although I enjoy lemon flavor, it is the worst candy flavor in a multi pack. I always get the pack with the MOST yellow starbursts, or 3 yellow SourPatch Kids to each red one, or yellow sweet tarts~ yuck! Get the clue Willy Wonka! 3:1 red flavors to citrus (or grape or lime in my book! Orange and yellow = dumb).

*The one exception to the lemon candy rule is Lemonheads. Those are acceptable. I know what I'm getting into with those.

*I enjoy lemon-scented kitchen fragrances.

*Wheatfields has Lemon Season going on. Their Lemon Wedding Cake is worth trying although I wished it was a little more sour and less sweet. Sweet lemon tastes too artificial.

kellyontherocks.com

BTW: Our Buyers closed FINALLY yesterday. We have 1 house~ Good Riddance to the old one!

3 comments:

  1. I love the dancing LEMON!!! Lemon is a good neutral color for the baby's room! I totally agree with the above mentioned lemon candies- yuck on artificial flavor, and honestly most lemon bars are the worst- as Deb would say they give you dog breath- Belly Bands all the rage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few thoughts...

    -I hope baby Rod doesn't smell like Pine Sol.

    -Lemon Fruits < Orange Fruits BUT, Lemon Candies > Orange Candies.

    -Sonic Happy Hour will be Rod's favorite, he and I will spend countless summer afternoons watching the roller skating waitresses.

    -If the baby pees, do you have to pee?

    -Belly pants = more awkward than mom's "birds & bees" comment on facebook.

    -Courtney is correct, lemon bars are horrific.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I could indulge your lemon food cravings with "lemon bliss cupcakes"! Hope you enjoyed them... and saved one for Matt!

    ReplyDelete