Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Name's Sake

If you have been wondering about the name of the blog, try thinking of your own blog name. It's hard. I went with this because it is the name of one of the greatest songs in the universe.

Everybody's Gonna Love Today

Check it out. Mika just makes you happy. This CD just makes you happy.

sleevage.com

So underrated. A Life in Cartoon Motion is bound to be a good time. And check out Mika himself...

daveportivo.blogspot.com

For the record, these pants are pretty baggy for Mr. Mika. He looks like a weirdo that would definitely entertain me. I bet he has serious dance moves (research it, little brother). This song/album came into my world the summer I worked at Hummel Day Camp and met Matt. It followed us through our long-distance blooming relationship and provided many good times in the SAE house and on Hunt Street in Ames (in fact I have a memory of Scott and Matt in robes toasting scotch with Mika blaring, courtesy of DJ Rascal). This song has set the mood for so many fun nights and memories and it was even the entrance for our wedding party into our reception. The music just makes you happy (with the exception of track 12 maybe).

All in all, its a good song, a good life mantra, and a good blog name. I will leave you with another dose of Mika happiness...

Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)

(Take this girl and multiply her by 4... that will be me October 5th!)

P.S.
Patrick asked me if the baby's room will be called the "Butterfly Lounge." The lyrics in Big Girl (You Are Beautiful) say, "Get Yourself to the Butterfly Lounge." The baby's room is currently pink with butterfly decals on the walls.... a Butterfly Lounge. Mika has obviously been speaking to me for a long time. It's a sign that this was all meant to be!

2 comments:

  1. Will the baby's room be called "The Butterfly Lounge"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I know is that my grandbaby will love the view from the Butterfly Lounge window... no matter what color the walls end up!

    ReplyDelete