Monday, March 14, 2011

Week 10: Sweet on the outside

Just over an inch long, baby is barely the size of a kumquat.

meyerlemontree.com

"If Matt and Katy were each a fruit, I think Matt would be a banana and Katy would be a kumquat. I'm not going to give a reason why. I'll let you do the math on this one." Pat Tefft - Wedding Program

I'm not too familiar with kumquats so I tried to do the math. I found out that the rind is sweet and the center is sour and salty. In recent years, kumquats have gained popularity as garnishes in cocktails. When selecting kumquats, look for plump, firm, brightly colored fruit. Hmmm Pat....I don't know if I like where this is going!

Back to the kumquat in the oven, Matt is disappointed there are no fun nicknames for Week 10. Grape Ape was pretty fun for him. Kumquat has completed the most critical portion of development. That's good news I guess! I still am cautiously excited until our next appointment when we see a real doctor and hear a real heartbeat. 2 weeks from today! This week, fingernails are developing and so is peach fuzz hair. Limbs can bend and little kumquat is kicking up a storm. I can't wait until that is something that I can feel!

I think my food issues have mostly subsided and I am sooooo relieved. That was rough. Being that it is Lent, I find myself craving little fishies but I am keeping myself mercury-free. It was sad watching Matt eat sushi the other day though :( I have been avoiding social settings where drinks are involved because people are getting suspicious and we are still not quite ready to tell. My brothers continue their comments and a few others have noticed that I haven't had a drink the past few times we've been together. I said I was on a diet~ hahaha! The truth will come out soon folks!

The best news in the 10 week report was that my pants may be starting to feel tight. I now have an excuse to get a little chub! My pants are NOT tight yet so hopefully that is a good sign, but its nice to get the official "okay" for it all to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment