Thursday, April 14, 2011

Week 15: Ooples and Banoonoos

4 inches crown to rump is the size of an...

blissfultree.com

Apple. The baby can sense light and if we shine a flashlight on my belly, baby should flinch even though the eyelids are fused together. Sounds like a mean trick to me. Taste Buds are forming which to me, sounds like an excuse to eat EVERYTHING so this baby isn't picky. Maybe some extra frosting, cheese dip, french fries from Runza with ranch, double-stuffed oreos~ I could go on and on. Its for the baby, after all. This could also be the first week to find out a gender BUT we aren't going to the doctor for a few weeks AND we aren't finding out the gender.

Apples are good. In previous posts you may recall that they were one of the few foods that I consumed in mass quantities during the sick weeks (even Matt's stupid bag of Red Delicious). Last week, my Mom brought me over some lemon cupcakes with lemon curd filling in honor of lemon week. They were fantastic and I ate all 3 without leaving 1 for Matt. This week, my door will be open to caramel apples, caramel apple pie, apple crisp, apple cake, apple muffins, apple-o's, cinnamon apple cheerio's, or most any other apple flavored consumable you desire. Although our house is in no shape for visitors, (the move happened, the organizing hasn't) you are welcome with treats. This can be my new weekly reward for blogging, a reader bringing treats incorporating baby's food of the week! Sounds like a win win to me!

In Katy news, this past week I tap danced in a recital. 2 years ago my old studio invited me to come back and do a dance we had done when I was a senior. It was a tap dance to "Freeze Frame." I had not performed since 2002 (this was 2009) and it was quite a shock to my aging body. Plus, I was the oldest in the group of come-back-kids and one of the few no longer dancing. The recital went just fine, and fast forward to 2011, the studio called once again for me to do an alumni dance. In January when I committed, baby was not in the picture but by recital this past weekend, baby was on board. We tapped to a mix of Billy Preston, Billy Idol and Billy Joel and it was fun to get back into it. I did feel SUPER old though. It was 9 years since my last "official" recital and out of the 8 in the alumni dance, I was the oldest, only married one, only prego one, only non-dancing one, and only one not able to use a tanning bed (haha~ my legs had not seen the light in a while!). 3 of the girls were freshman in college and I had taught one of them when she was a BABY (okay she was probably like 5 but it still makes you feel old!) Just for fun, we put in the old "Freeze Frame" tape and holy cow!!! I would have had a heart attack had we tried that dance again! So fast, so many steps and SUCH a long kick line! Thank God this year's dance was toned down~ It was hard enough on my late-twenties body! And, Thank God there was no Spandex involved in our costumes.

If you are blind, I am bottom center.

Our Alumni group may become a yearly thing. Tap dancing is really fun (and good exercise) and I would enjoy getting back into it in our casual, Tip Tap Toe way!

That's the news for this week, tune in next time for Baby Progress Week 16! (In a TV announcer voice)

2 comments:

  1. If mom makes apple crisp please call me.

    p.s. apple jolly ranchers are a delight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm making apple crisp today. Don't tell Pat.
    Who says "... are a delight" anyway???

    ReplyDelete