Thursday, April 21, 2011

Week 16: Holy Guacamole!

Patrick thought this week would be a pear. Wrong.

konaearth.com

Avocados do not make good desserts like the past few fruit weeks have. They are also not $100 bills. Oh well, the bigger the better with baby! For a minute I was thinking I may have unintentionally eaten avocado last night but I don't think I did. We went to Hiro and I got some baby friendly sushi (with beef) but the green was asparagus, not avocado. I guess I'll need some guacamole this week to keep the trend going! In development news, toenails are on the agenda this week and baby will be doubling in size over the next few weeks.

We haven't been doing much on the baby front lately. We probably need to revisit the nursery thing and start decorating. Matt has mentioned an itch to paint so I need to get organized so I can take advantage of that. We did attempt to buy a rug for the baby's room. I loved the colors one from the Furniture Mart but I was worried it was too girly. We got it home and the current pink walls didn't help the situation~ it was too girly. Return. I also ordered a rug off of Target.com to try out in the room. When checking the order status a few days later, I saw it was on sale for $40+ less than what I paid so I ordered another one (hey, free in-store returns!). On delivery day, what did we get? 3 of the same rugs on the porch. I double checked my credit card and the orders and I had only ordered and paid for 2. Hmm... We ended up not liking the rug for baby and attempted to return all 3. The kid in returns with blue lips and an open pack of peeps was an idiot. He said we HAD to keep one and needed pick which one. Um, they are all identical but okay, free rug! Target's loss.


This is our new rug. I do like it, we just have no idea where we will put it. For now, it is taking up space in our 3 car garage that doesn't even fit 1 car. Hello, storm season. Please don't hail on my car!

Baby Mamma is feeling chubby but pretty normal. I gained a new appreciation this week for friends (and husbands) who can still drink alcohol. Hungover people and pregnant people make a great team~ especially at Valentino's GRAND Buffet. I think I out-ate the 3 strugglers (who will remain anonymous) who I went to lunch with. Carbs, fat and a wide variety of unhealthy menu options cure baby's cravings and booze soaked tummies. My new social time may be the morning after's. Call me if you need someone to eat with :)

No comments:

Post a Comment