Thursday, September 22, 2011

Week 38: Long as a Leek

Still Truckin'...6.8 lbs and over 19 1/2 inches long (the length of a leek).


foodsubs.com

The "How are you feeling?" question is getting a little old. I feel fine, nothing has changed, if anything major happened, you would know about it. Really, I haven't felt much different in weeks. I am more tired and more exhausted but apparently that's normal. I could use a nap after work each day and its pretty easy to fall asleep before 10. The problem with going to bed early is that it adds 4 bathroom trips to my overnight agenda. I should buy stock in TP.

This past weekend I was on a roll in the kitchen. I made homemade Runza's and they were sooooo good (of course I added cheese). Even the bread was right on. Now all I need is a sausage maker that can somehow squirt the meat into the bun (TWSS) without having to fold it up like a calzone. Gus and Wigs were diggin' the Runza's too. I also made curried cauliflower soup and consumed what will probably be my last watermelon of the season (yes, I ate another whole watermelon). The old man checking me out at the grocery store was amused by the irony of the lady carrying a watermelon and buying a watermelon. He said I should have my husband lifting it but Uncle Sam called and Matt was at drill. Luckily, there was no baby while Matt was OOT.

Saturday morning, a group of my Mom's friends had a shower/brunch for me and they stocked us up with more FuzziBunz. It was a fun time with great friends and delicious food and Baby Core has some honorary Granny's who can't wait to meet him/her! That is the last of the 'showering us with Baby love' and we are definitely set with baby supplies, baby gear, yellow and green baby clothes, baby diapers etc. Its good to feel loved!

Even though Matt isn't thrilled about the idea of newborn photos, I went ahead and scheduled a session (sorry Matt, the deposit is paid :)). I figured the pictures would be something we will want down the line and since the true newborn pictures are shot in the first 10-14 days, I needed to get on it. If I knew the baby gender, I would have a serious stash of headbands or crocheted beanie things but luckily for the budget, we will have to depend on the photographers props. Check this out though, how could Matt resist pictures like these??


Searching on Etsy for fun baby stuff also leads to pictures like that. OMG. Maybe I'm drawn to that baby picture because I'm a child of the 80's...


I had a super vivid dream about having the baby 2 nights ago. It was a nameless girl and I was living at home with my parents, brothers and Matt. I put the baby to bed (the same day it was born) and went to bed at 10:30pm. At 1:30pm the next day, I woke up and went to a home improvement store with my Mom and Patrick. Half way through the excursion, it dawned on me that I hadn't checked on the baby. Patrick texted Charlie and Matt, who should have been at home where the baby was but they were both asleep and not responding. We ran out of the store to rush home and..... I woke up. What does it mean?!? Hahaha. Matt's first question when I told him about the dream was, "What did we name the baby?" Sorry Matt, no name in the dream.

People's latest prediction (besides the majority thinking its a girl) is that it will happen in September. Although I don't know if my belly looks like the baby has 'dropped' I do know that my ribs have had some relief the past week or so. Sunday when Matt was still at drill, it dawned on me that the baby hadn't been very active. I laid down and started counting. Nothing. I focused, turned off the TV, nothing. I ate something and moved around, nothing. 52 minutes went by. FIFTY TWO, with only 1 movement! Then the last 8 minutes of my 60 minute wait, the baby moved the entire time. Not just 'movements' but consistent moving, like hiccups, cartwheels and karate all at once. What a little stinker this baby is! Maybe its just extra smart and playing mind games.

Let's see if this 38th week 'leaks' (get it? my water could break? leek/leak??).

*The baby kicked me when I typed that. I think it was a "NO" kick though, not an "I'm coming" kick.

3 comments:

  1. I am smiling because when I read "leek" my very first thought was of your water "leaking".

    When I was pregnant, somebody gave me a close-to-due-date grocery shopping tip that might come in handy:
    Head straight to the pickle aisle when you enter the store and put a jar in your cart. Should your water break while shopping, drop the jar onto the floor and say "oooops". Abandon cart and head for the car.

    Love you! Trying hard not to call every day...
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. so excited that you are getting closer! good luck, friend. i will be anxiously awaiting news of baby Core's arrival!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg! Its so close I can smell it! Literally. I can smell the baby. After I got off the phone with you the other night I had to laugh because when I saw it was you I thought "OMG she's having the baby!" Then I thought to myself... why would you call me while you were in labor?

    Although I am expecting a text after... with your room number because we are creepy and Wes and I will be up there :)

    ReplyDelete