Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Week 36: What the French? Toast.

Less than a month to go! Thank God. I am getting sick of being pregnant. It's hard to get in and out of the car, its hard to walk anywhere quickly, its hard to reach body parts (although yes, I can still see my feet), its hard to sit, hard to stand.... poor me! Its so hard to be Katy!

This week the baby should weigh around 6 pounds, gaining about an ounce a day. 6 pounds is similar to a crenshaw melon. What the heck is a crenshaw melon?

foodsubs.com

I probably won't be eating one of those this week. Watermelon is my go-to melon substitute. I made some banana, zucchini blueberry bread yesterday that was bomb.com. Thanks to my dad's veggie garden, I had a plethora of produce. I also made spicy pickled cucumbers which were delish. A little produce was much needed after my doctor's appointment weigh-in from friday. Its not all fun and produce though, I discovered something wonderful this weekend. I haven't had consistent pregnancy cravings but every once and awhile, something with maple syrup sounds soooo good. Leave it to Wheatfields to hit the spot. Their cinnamon french toast is slices of their cinnamon rolls, battered and french toasted to perfection. Soooo good (and so healthy). Like my favorite Orbitz commercial, "What the french? Toast?"

bsinthekitchen.com

(That wasn't the stuff from Wheatfields but it is just as delicious, I'm sure.)

This weeks post probably won't be much to look at due to my lack of pictures from the weekend but a lot did happen. Matt busted his butt from Tuesday until the wee hours of Friday morning to get the floor in and it looks great! We (he) still needs to finish the trim but the sub-floor is covered and that was all I cared about. New carpet should be going in tomorrow (let me know if you need a funny Russian carpet installer - this guy is not only hilarious, he's good and inexpensive!).

This past weekend I had 2 baby showers and Baby Core is officially stocked (and spoiled!). Saturday was one with my Mom's side of the family plus friends. Emily, my cousin Kelly and my Aunt Jodi did a great job planning and hosting and I had a great time (I hope everyone did!). My best friend Courtney also came in from California for the shower and it was so good to spend time with her! She and I spent lots of time in the baby's room getting things opened and organized. We did a million loads of baby laundry too! Clothes, linens, blankets, burp cloths... its all smelling Dreft fresh and ready to go! My final nursery touch is a lamp I bought but I still need to put my craft project touch on it before I can do the big reveal with pictures.

Sunday, my Mom and Aunt Vicki hosted a Krebs family shower. The theme was "Katy is about to Pop" and the 'pop' theme was obvious throughout the shower. We had fun soda pops, popcorn, popcorn balls, popovers, pop rocks, pop tarts.... every pop under the sun. I had to pop balloons that were filled with questions that my 'pop' answered about me as a baby and I had surprisingly accurate answers/memories of my life before the age of 3. Okay, maybe they were good guesses but I was pretty impressed with myself! The Krebs 'group' got Baby a stroller, car seat, high chair and a bunch of other gear. The Baby officially has a ride home from the hospital now!

amazon.com

My mom also dug out my favorite doll as a kid, named "Big Baby" to take the stroller for a test drive. Another doll Millie also made an appearance and as a whole, the group scientifically decided the baby is a girl. We will see about that...

I have been having some anxiety about the baby coming early. I have had my mind set on October and thinking it could happen in September really puts a new spin on things. My mind/ mental images/ month association/ color association is way different (Court, you get that, right?). Anytime it happens will be wonderful, I know, I know, but the guessing game is throwing me for a loop. No word on whether the baby is early, late, or on schedule but hopefully in my next appointment, we will get somewhat of an idea. I've been hesitant putting things on my September calendar, just in case (although lucky Matt does get to attend 2 musicals and a play in the next 2 weeks... assuming my ribs can handle the sitting).

Get the baby pools going! We are in the home stretch!

1 comment: