Thursday, May 12, 2011

Week 19: The Bee's Knees

Tomatoes!

post-gazette.com

The baby is the size of a large heirloom tomato. Tomato was a slang term for "female" in the 1920's. These are my favorite tomatoes (besides the baby of course).


We had a fun girl's weekend in Denver last August (if you recall, this roadtrip was where "the bet" came to light) and the theme was Putting on the Ritz. It was a whoopee time.


The cat's meow at the swanky Brown Palace.


Too much giggle water at the juice joint.

Enough about tomatoes in the 20's and back to the tomato in my tummy. Baby's brain is developing areas for the senses and some research shows that the baby can hear voices now. Matt will be singing to my tummy every night from now on. Requests are welcome. The baby's arms and legs are proportionate with the body which is good news, no T-rex baby here. Finally, hair is sprouting on the scalp. In a few weeks, it might be the same amount as Matt has on his head (which wouldn't be much of a feat!).

Sunday was Mother's Day in case you missed it. I don't feel like a "mother" but apparently everyone else considers me one. I got cards/gifts from my parents, brother/sister-in-law, and cousin and a number of additional "Happy Mother's Days" directed at me and my belly. Emily found the perfect gift for Mommy & Baby...


This little tomato will be rockin that bib for sure! I guess the pressure will be on to maintain a blog once the baby is in the world. This week, Tomato got news of his/her first best friend and/or future spouse (depending on genders). I can't say much else (its probably around the sesame size) but I can say the Core's are all PUMPED for another little bug to play with!

Finally, this weekend I got motivated to paint. I am so over painting (since I painted practically every room in our old house before we moved) that I swore I would be in NO rush to paint anything in the new house, even though it is desperately needed. BUT, since we got the new counters and other kitchen upgrades, the walls were really bugging me~ mostly because I didn't want anyone thinking we CHOSE the hideous color that was there. Lucky for Matt, he worked all weekend and lucky for the Krebs family, they were available. My mom and Emily helped be turn the flaming orangey/red sponge paint into a "vast desert."


Although vast desert is a sort of boring neutral, it was a welcomed change from the heinous flames. The room looks bigger, brighter and much less distracting. The desert took a coat friday night and one saturday morning. Once that was wrapped up, I kept the motivation going and decided to paint the living room that the kitchen opens up to. It was white and boring and looked like a big empty space with our furniture sitting in it. We picked "Seal Gray," Matt went to work and I got painting (this time alone). I didn't have the skill to take a picture of myself painting but to get the idea, this is the fabric on a chair we have and the Seal Gray is a similar shade to the bluish gray color in the fabric. I LOVE how it turned out. It is cozy and warm and still really bright with all the natural light in the room.


Now, with blisters on my palms, paint in my hair and legs so sore they feel like I ran 20 miles, I am once again OVER PAINTING. Bad news is the most important painting is left to do... the Baby's room! I hinted at Matt it would be wonderful to pick the color and come home to find the room painted (notice I said I would pick the color - that is VERY important to this being a fun surprise). I also would like to paint our entryway, dining room, main floor bathroom and 3 other bedrooms but we have nothing but time. Baby is the next priority!

No comments:

Post a Comment