Thursday, May 5, 2011

Week 18: Spicy

Baby Core, a 7oz.....

biology-blog.com

I guess that's appropriate since its Cinco de Mayo. (For those of you who don't know, like the lady in my office who is the equivalent to stapler guy from Office Space, Cinco de Mayo means the 5th of May.) In honor of this, I will try to eat Mexican (including peppers) in the near future. I do have some Cucumber Gazpacho from my post last week in my fridge and that includes peppers so I guess I'm covered! (For the record, I had to Blendtec it myself, thanks a lot Matt!)

We had a doctor's appointment Monday and it was uneventful. We waited ONE HOUR (the doctor apologized over and over) and nothing else really happened. We did hear the heartbeat so that is always pretty amazing. Our next ultrasound will the the 18th and hopefully we will get more pepper pictures. I've had 2 dreams in the past week about the Baby and in one, I have birth to a girl and we named her _______. I won't tell you the name because it is in the running (well right now, like 50 names are in the running). Then I had a boy dream which was my first boy vibe in a while. I was at the doctor and the ultrasound was showing parts so I had to turn away. My mom was with me and she peaked and I was really mad at her. Then they told me I could look and I saw the baby floating on its stomach with a little wee wee sticking out. I was PISSED. Not that it was a boy, but that I accidentally found out the sex of the baby. This has been a reoccurring dream theme, me accidentally finding out. Hopefully it isn't a sign! 2 weeks until a picture show... hopefully Doc is careful!

We made a baby purchase this week thanks to the Berkshire shareholders "sale" at NFM (what a nightmare, that place plus shareholders is). Du da Duh (in an Emily voice with an armpump)! Its a crib mattress! No crib, just the mattress. I couldn't commit. The issue was not so much the crib, but more the color. I have since made some progress inside my head on the nursery so I think I have some direction to start committing to things. I have a sort of inspiration board going on of pictures and ideas I like (Matt likes them too, its not all about me) which is helpful. Baby's brother also got a new crib mattress. No, there are not twins inside, Baby's brother Walter has ruined 3 or 4 $80 dog beds and a cheap crib mattress is less money, wipes clean, and fits perfectly in his kennel. Yes, Wally now sleeps on a crib mattress but don't worry, Baby's is WAY nicer.

Speaking of Wally, I don't think I have mentioned the Baby's big brothers on the blog yet. OMG look at them.


Hewoh. I'm Gus and I am the best most perfect, most cutest, doggie in the whole wide world. I like the "R" word (rides).


Hello (Eeyore voice). I'm Walter. wah wah wah. Katy gets mad because I put my face on her. I drool and shed and my jowls slime people.


We are going to be good big brothers (especially if you are holding something edible). Check out the focus.


Gus is so cute.


Wally invades personal space but he thinks if he looks regal, you will pet him continuously.


They already have things in common with their new baby, naps.


And one more for your viewing pleasure....


How can you not love that face (not Matt's, Gus').

Gus can be pretty naughty sometimes. He thinks he is the boss. He responds well to any consumable though and I can usually get him to do what I want with some bribery. His biggest issue that concerns me for baby is that he is a jumper. Usually its only a greeting and its over in a minute or 2 but we probably need to do something about that. He also thinks all soft things are his toys. Baby toys will obviously fall into this category and Baby can't be sharing spit with Gus a Roo. Wally's baby issues will be personal space. He nuzzles and puts his face on you until you pet him. He also uses his paw to sort of bat at you if you stop petting. 100lb doggie bat doesn't hurt but is too rough for baby. Reading up on babies and dogs, I think we will be able to handle it and introduce baby to dogs pretty smoothly. We also have a guinea pig at our house a couple of times a week...


This is Aidan and he is helping Gus and Walter get used to little people. Gus likes to give him kisses and has quickly learned that little people drop crumbs and do not protect their food. Walter is usually good about leaving food alone but even he has stolen a LARGE cookie from Aidan. Jumping hasn't been too much of a problem and Aidan hasn't cried yet because of them. Good work dogs. When Aidan was less than a year, we watched him overnight and Gus was really gentle and seemed to "get it" that Aidan was fragile. When we put Aidan to bed, Gus posted up outside the door and didn't move for the rest of the night.


I think we will be in good shape. I am 95% confident in Walter and I think Gus will be okay too. Lucky for Gus, he is my favorite and I am more tolerant of his behavior. I am his favorite person and I will relinquish that position for a Baby pepper only. Matt is afraid I will treat kids like I treat dogs, with a clear favorite. Come on Matt, "they are just dogs" (I get that line from Matt a lot).

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why is Walter in the bathroom with you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I won't peek. And I wouldn't tell even if I knew. So you can remove me from your nightmares! HA! HA!

    Actually, I don't want to know either... I like the "SURPRISE" factor. Like I've told you, I was so surprised you were a girl, Katy, that Dad had to convince me! I knew I wanted at least one of each, and I can't even express how happy I was to find out Dad wasn't just teasing me...

    So lucky to have YOU for my daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big Mac is always available if you need a smaller size! :)

    ReplyDelete