Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Miles of Miles

I am starting to forget what I've blogged about already. I think that's a sign that I need to stay more current on my posts. Sorry audience. Time flying by is a good thing right now since it means one day closer to Matt being back. Unfortunately, it also means one day further away from having a baby baby. Benji is getting so big! Aagghh!

Look what he can do now...


Milestone! A couple of weeks ago, I went to pick Benji up from my mom's and she said "You may want to keep your eye on Benji tonight, I think he might roll soon." I could tell from her voice he had done it, she just was afraid to tell me because she thought I'd be sad I missed it. She finally admitted he rolled tummy to back once over each side. Go Benji! I got home, got the camera, put Benji in tummy time and waited. I caught roll #3 with our video camera and this is roll #4 from the ipad. He doesn't quite realize he can do it and when he finally rolls, the applause and cheers startle him, then he laughs, grabs his toes, and does this...


I can't believe how jumbo he's going to seem when his cousin gets here in ONE month!! He's pumped to have a little friend and he even gave his cousin a matching mobile (which is actually a trick because we all know how well Benji sleeps- staring at the beauty of the mobile just makes him want to be awake ALL night).


Benji hit another milestone about a week ago (that I was hoping we had missed all together).


My first golden shower (unless you count the one where an 8 yr old me was peed on by a 4 yr old patrick while we played in the rain). Until about a week ago, Benji had peed while Matt changed him (although Matt was holding his legs in the air so the pee went all over his own face) but never on me. Then, wam bam pee pee mam! Twice in 2 days he peed. The above episode happened late at night in the dark and I screamed out loud, so startled by the fountain. The other one happened as I changed him on the floor and the stream hit my pants with such precision that it looked like I was the one who had peed. Benji 2, Mom 4,615 (I've changed a lot of diapers). We also had our first blowout Sunday that caused concern for the onesie removal. We've had a little poop juice leak out here or there but this one was the kind that required some MacGyver action to get his clothes off without smearing peanut butter poo all over his back and hair. I won that battle 2 (too/two/#2... get it?). By the way, its shocking the scent emitted from adding something as bland as rice cereal to his diet can be- even his farts stink. Gross.

Next Milestone... 5 months! Not much of a milestone but someone's Granny seems to think this is a feat deserving of a cake (who am I kidding, isn't waking up each day cause for a cake?).


Poor Benji just had to look while I enjoyed the fruits of his growing labor. Sorry dude. Breast milk, organic rice cereal, amoxicillin (which made me cry), and grape flavored tylenol (which also makes me sad) are the only tastes for your buds.

This past weekend, we went to a baby shower for Emily with her side of the family. Most of her relatives don't know Matt and a bunch of them thought Benji looked like Charlie. I guess their options based on my family members they know are blue-eyed Caucasian-looking Charlie, or brown-eyed, dark-haired (artificially tanned at Emily's wedding) me. No one has said that before, but I guess its possible for my kids to resemble my siblings. We all know Benji is Matt's twin but I hope Emily and Charlie are blessed with a little me. Wouldn't she just be precious? Speaking of siblings and looking alike, Patrick's roommate commented this week that he and I look the same in the following pictures.


No one has ever told me that we look alike before either. We have recently discovered that Patrick looks just like a younger, beardless version of my dad but we've never had the sibling comparison. I guess its another milestone. 28 years later, Patrick resembles me and my baby resembles Charlie.... in the eye of the beholder.

Before I wrap this up, I think its important for everyone to see my latest etching. The images below are burned into a mirror that rests above the porcelain throne at Patrick's house. I'm sure you can imagine the feelings his 3 female roommates had upon seeing it.


I am the etch master.

Anyone want a permanent this on their window?



No comments:

Post a Comment